General Rules and Info
- Please wear your badge at all times, in plain sight; you need it to access convention spaces.
- Bear in mind that we're a family-friendly event; there will be kids around. Keep it clean!
- We're not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the convention. We can offer sympathy though.
- We reserve the right to ask attendees to leave the convention, without refund, if they are behaving inappropriately.
- Events and guests are subject to change and cancellation. We'll do our best to warn you of changes via our website, Twitter, and Facebook; but sometimes changes will happen without notice.
- We love photos, but please ask your subjects for their permission first - it's only polite.
- Under-13s must be accompanied by their adult at all times. We want children to enjoy themselves, but we are not a creche
ArmadaCon is dedicated to providing a great convention experience for everyone, whatever their gender, sexuality, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. For this reason, we will not tolerate any form of harassment. Convention participants found to be engaging in harassment may be sanctioned or expelled from the Convention without refund.
Harassment can include (but is not limited to):
- offensive verbal comments about gender, sexuality, impairment, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
- showing sexual imagery in public spaces
- intimidation, stalking or following
- photographing or recording someone without their permission
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- uninvited physical contact
- uninvited sexual attention
What should I do if I am being harassed?
In some cases you may find the harassment stops if you clearly say 'no', 'please leave me alone' or simply walk away. We would appreciate it if the registration desk was informed, to help us identify any repeat offenders.
If you continue to be harassed or notice someone else being harassed; please visit theregistration desk or contact a member of the convention committee. Committee members can help participants contact the hotel or law enforcement (if that's what they'd like to do), provide a listener, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe during the Convention.
Code of Conduct
Costumes and Weapons Policy
NO REAL weapons may be carried or worn, except as part of a costume in the Masquerade and its sub-categories or as part of an authorized display or panel.
No weapons should be carried or brandished off the convention premises unless they are obviously not real.
As the hotel is a public place, we would ask you to consider the effect that carrying a weapon may have on the other patrons.
Weapons may be displayed (with consideration for others) and you can have your "my weapon is bigger than yours" contest in the Main Hall and Gamers/Dealers Room. However all weapons must be stowed away safely at all times whilst in public areas. We know they are not real; a member of the public may not.
The Committee reserves the right to confiscate any weapon not complying with the above and remove from the convention any attendee consistently ignoring this policy.