Star Trek Into Darkness

New or old, like or dislike – discuss them here!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Rotobunny

Star Trek Into Darkness

Post by Rotobunny » Sat May 18, 2013 3:20 pm

We had one of our "Research" afternoons on Friday and saw the latest Star Trek film in 3D. Whilst I'm not sure there is such a thing as the perfect Science Fiction film, we were both agreed that this comes close. An intelligent story well acted and with very good effects work sums up this film. Yes, some of the plot twists can be seen coming, but there are also a few that can't and they do catch you by surprise. It is also worth seeing this film in 3D if you can, for once it really enhances the viewing, especially in the opening chase sequence, which I admit made me duck on a couple of occasions :lol: All in all a very enjoyable film and well worth the time and money. One of the things it left me with though was not to move to San Francisco, it seems far too hazardous with ships taking out Alcatraz as they crash into the city, (have they no sense of history ;) ). After seeing this film we were both feeling better about Abrams taking over the Star Wars franchise. I just hope the next Star Trek film will be as good as this, it will be a tough act to follow.
Regards,

Rotobunny.