Elysium

New or old, like or dislike – discuss them here!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Rotobunny

Elysium

Post by Rotobunny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Have just been to see Elysium and we both really enjoyed it, (it was research, honest. Why else would we be there at the first viewing on the opening day?). There are a few technical issues, (how do they retain the atmosphere on the habitat?), but apart from that Mr Blomkamp has done it again. The effects are good, the action is good, it looks great, I would recommend it. It isn't perfect, but probably as near as you are going to get this summer. There are a few scenes of graphic violence, but not as many as in District 9, and some of the fight scenes are a little fast to really see what is going on. I think the faults are few and we can overlook them as the plus points outnumber them. The ending does have a few problems, but it at least it isn't all Hollywood sugary and sweet. Matt Damon is on form as the underdog who has to fight back. Jodie Foster does a very good Margaret Thatcher as the Head of Security on the habitat. Sharlto Copley is suitably menacing and creepy as the hired assassin. I think it is definitely worth a couple of hours of your time and a few pounds out of your pocket.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Liz W
Site Admin

Re: Elysium

Post by Liz W » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you for that Rotobunny :D

I'm very seriously considering going to see it this weekend

Hugs

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Re: Elysium

Post by David A Harvey » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. :D
I enjoyed District 9, which is ridiculously cheap on DVD at the moment, and I was wondering if his follow up was worth a watch.