Dune

New or old, like or dislike – discuss them here!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Rotobunny

Dune

Post by Rotobunny » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 pm

I had a private viewing of the latest version of Dune this morning, it seems no one else wanted to see it on a Thursday morning so I had the screening room to my self. Personally I think this is the best film I have seen for ages, certainly the best version of this book and I don't think it could be bettered. For me the cast was perfect, each actor made the character they played very believable. Only the first part of the book has been brought to the screen, but as this is such a complex and hefty tome I think this is a very good thing. If you get the chance to see it in 3D then I personally think it is worth the extra cost. Unlike some 3D movies of the past, the 3D in this film is all very natural, no thrusting weapons at the camera so they seem to stick out of the screen at you. The story is easy to follow and the film appears to stick as close to the book as is possible, but as the Director is a fan of the book this is no surprise. The visual effects are flawless as far as I can see, but with DNeg involved I would expect nothing less. The music fits the film perfectly and the sound is very good, at least it was in the cinema I saw it in. If you are a fan of the book then you won't be disappointed, if you aren't, then you may want to read the book after watching this. On a personal note, I know Alan had been looking forward to seeing how Denis Villeneuve handled this film, it is sad that he never got to see how successful the end result is. I think he would have loved it. Be warned though, the film is about two and a half hours long with no breaks, a challenge for some bladders. Would I recommend this film? Absolutely. I came out feeling it was worth every penny and wouldn't mind seeing it again, especially in 3D.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Re: Dune

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:59 pm

I've been hearing good things about this film, nice to hear from someone I know.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"