Shopping Rant.

Want to get something off your chest? Then do so here!
Please, no personal attacks

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Shopping Rant.

Post by Spudgun » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm not a great fan of shopping, so I try to make the experience as painless as possible. I'm one of those 'Get in. Get it. Get out' shoppers. In order to reduce the pain, I look 'on-line' to see who's got what and for how much. I then go there and get it. Simple. Yeah right.

I wanted two things. A 14mm spark plug spanner and some blank DVD discs. The most obvious 'on-line' places to look was Halfords and PC World. Even better. The branches where I live are about 100 yards from each other. This should be easy. I hit the interweb and went to Halfords first. Yup, they had what I wanted for £6. Then I went to the PC World website and looked for the blank DVD's. Yup, they had them. So, off I went on my bike to do some pain free shopping.

First stop Halfords. They certainly had the plug spanner I wanted, but they wanted £12 for it. HOW MUCH???? That's twice as much as it was on their website!!!! Stuff this. I left empty handed and damm annoyed.

Next stop PC World. They had SOD ALL!!!! They've changed. They used to have component parts for computers (So you could build your own). They didn't even have blank media. All they had was complete computers. laptops, printers, etc, etc. Absolutely USELESS!!!

Why advertise something on your website if you haven't got it in your store? Why have one price on your website and have a different one in your store?

Halfords & PC World = Buttholes!!!

Oh. I got the blank DVD's from Maplin and I found a spare spanner in my junkbox.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Spudgun

Re: Shopping Rant.

Post by Spudgun » Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Yup. I'm back with another shopping rant.

As some know. My primary mode of transport is a motorbike. So much so, that I have two of them. Anyway. I had a leak on one of the forks, so I changed the seal. The other fork seal was beginning to look a bit dodgy, so I decided to buy a pair of new ones.

I went onto the interweb and found a place that was selling the seals for the exact make, model and year of my bike. Groovy I say and bought a pair. Guess what arrives. A pair of seals for a completely different year. They were a completely different size. They didn't even look the same! Are some sellers BLIND? Don't they even READ the text on the packet that they're sending?

Some people are just JERKS!!!!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Thu May 07, 2015 8:25 pm

I've now 'gone to war' with the jerks who've sent me the wrong fork seals.

Now. People make mistakes. After all, they're only Human. A friendly E-Mail to the seller and satisfaction always follows. Not with these jerks!

I pointed out that the seals that they sent me were the wrong ones. I pointed out that they were different to the picture of the seals that they used. I reminded them that they were advertising seals for a specific bike from a specific year. As a friendly suggestion, I mentioned that the seals that they sent me were for the model that followed my bike. What did I get back? I'll tell you.

Although it was a friendly E-Mail. They mention that the dimensions on the seals being sold were within the listing. They also said that I should've checked that my old seals should've been measured before buying what they were selling. They did say that if I sent the seals back (at my expense), I would get a refund. HELLO. HELLO!!

Just how can I measure seals that I don't have? When the seller is VERY specific about the make, model, year of manufacture and the engine. Why would I measure my seals, even if I had them? It was time to up the ante.

I've now replied to their stupidity. I've told them at point blank range that: The make of seal that they were selling wasn't the make that I received. The seals that I received didn't match the pictures that they used in their listing. I've also told them that I cannot be held responsible for an error in their listing. To ask me to pay for return Postage because of their screw-up ain't happening! Yeah. I'm only to happy to return the useless seals, but they can pay for it. I still have ammo in reserve.....

I've taken a screen grab of the listing, so they can't alter it and claim that I'm a trouble maker. They've also withdrawn the listing (They were selling 10 sets. I bought one, leaving 9 sets) so nobody else can get duped. Withdrawing the listing was their biggest mistake. It's an admission that the listing was wrong. Let's see them wriggle out of that one!

Bring it on!!!!!!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat May 09, 2015 6:28 am

Victory is mine!!!!!

The seller has agreed to refund my money, plus the Postage for when I send the parts back. Result! Since the bike in question is Legally defined as a Moped, the seller thought he was dealing with a teenager who he could fob-off. WRONG! It wouldn't surprise me that I'm actually older than the seller.