Old Codgers Steam Punk and a 28th Wedding Anniversary

A place to chat about anything else, not already covered!
It might be advisable to avoid religion & politics though!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

MadamCod

Old Codgers Steam Punk and a 28th Wedding Anniversary

Post by MadamCod » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello all,

Well, I've managed to fall back through the time rip that's been plaguing my house. As my memory has been *&^%$d by radiothterapy back in 2013, I cannot remember if I registered Dave and myself for this year's event. My bank statement indicates that I have, but will send off a form. Now then, on Saturday 2nd November, it will be our 28th wedding anniversary and I'm trying to talk Dave into joining in the fun by getting a bit steam punky. He does have the old fashioned welding goggles, a leather apron etc and I've baught a nice hat. Not sure why I told you all that but anyway, does anyone have any idea how I can make the day go well for my very shy husband? He does have some models of industrial stea engines wot be built hmself and I' going to try an persuade him to maybe bring one up. Would that be apropriate? But I could do with your advice. I want him to be able to enjoy himself but not stress the poor boy out, so any suggestions?

Hope y'all are well.

Hev aka Madam Cod xxxx
'...From The Planet of Happy Fat Women...'

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Re: Old Codgers Steam Punk and a 28th Wedding Anniversary

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Happy (in advance) Anniversary!

Twenty-eight years . . . coll. 8-)
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Spudgun

Re: Old Codgers Steam Punk and a 28th Wedding Anniversary

Post by Spudgun » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Steampunk has been a genre that has popped up a number of times over the years at the Con, so Dave wouldn't look out of place. I've also attended a number of model exhibitions over the years (as I make models myself). There have been displays of working steam engines etc. However. Clearance was needed from the venue to have a working display model (A fire hazard thing). I don't think a static display would be a problem. You'd need to check with the Committee for available space though.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!