ArmadaCon a Go or NoGo 2021

The place for 'the powers that be' to post information and for you to pass information or ideas to them!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Lady Truro and Fal

ArmadaCon a Go or NoGo 2021

Post by Lady Truro and Fal » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 am

Dear Committee,

With Covid still present in the land when will ArmadaCon Committee decide whether ArmadaCon 2021 will happen this year as it couldn't last in 2020- End August 2021? End of August 2021 is not that far ahead, as we are now near end June, then there will be July, and then August 3MONTHS AWAY ?

Or will The ArmadaCon Committee seek to put to the question before any decision is made asking how many of us attendee's will of have had any form of Covid Inoculation before November 2021.

Given the average age group of ArmadaCon Attendence I think we can take it as read everyone will as a whole of had at least one inoculation and those who have had both and maybe the talk of the annual winter booster. As it stands I have had both Inoculations todate !

Spudgun

Re: ArmadaCon a Go or NoGo 2021

Post by Spudgun » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:58 pm

I've had both jabs myself, but the question remains; What about the Hotel staff? Time is marching on, but there are so many unknowns to deal with. Personally, I can't see it happening this year. I can't even finish the Saturday evening video. Because of assorted lockdowns, etc. There's no pyro to be had in the UK.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

dfuk

Post by dfuk » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:16 pm

As of today its a GO
Dave & Barry, Watching bad movies so you don't have to.

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Question
The convention covid regulations were posted 22 of July 2021
With the changes in goverment over the covid regulations.
Armadacon still has the requirements for manditory masks and social distancing.
Will this change before the convention.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:35 am

Where were these regulations Posted? I've not seen them. Anyway......

To my mind. It's only the fear peddling media that's talking about Covid. The Government and its cronies have remained pretty much silent on the subject for the past couple of months (Although winter flu has begun to creep in). If the Government says that 'face nappies' are no longer required, then that's good enough for me.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:21 pm

Well. The Covid guidance has been Posted on the Con website. Non of it is mandatory, but it is politely asking. I don't have a problem with that. I'm only to happy to produce my card to prove I've been double jabbed. Everything else gets my polite refusal (No testing and no mask).

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:54 am

Just to let everyone know. I've cancelled my attendance at this years Con. I completely disagree with the Hotels Covid policy. The details aren't important. Yes, it will disrupt the program, as I was scheduled to run the Bits & pieces quiz and the evening video on the Saturday. Of course. No filming either. I'll see you all next year.