Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

The place for 'the powers that be' to post information and for you to pass information or ideas to them!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Re: Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

Post by Spudgun » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:14 am

If anyone is interested, the Fan Film website has been updated. It now has all of the entries listed. I've read the two winning entries and I can see why they won. Combing them into a single story is going to be interesting. For what it's worth, I've been asked to take part in this film, playing 'Barry' more than once. I've an itchy feeling I can see where this is going.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Further to Spudgun's comment, once the two winning stories have been merged then this new story will also be going on the website. Sorry it took so long to get the stories up, but things have been rather busy here of late. We did manage to have a couple of days off over Christmas, but at one point it looked like we would be working on Christmas day too. Now if only people would pay us, that would be nice!

Should have tablet and phone versions of the site up fairly soon. Between the rotoscope work I am working on them, but it means a complete re-build and the software has only just been updated to handle tablets and phones so there may be the odd hiccup.

Hope all are coping with the snow.

More news soon.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks for posting those, very glad to hear that you're keeping busy.

It's interesting to read all the entries and it'll be interesting to see how the two winners are combined to make one story.

Btw, did you consider posting Dr. Bob's spoof entry Spartacus: Blood & Tanks?
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

All the entries were interesting - thank you for sharing them, but the winners were well deserved. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that I have updated the fan film website again. I have added a new section called Film Development that will follow both the story/script development and also the visual side. I have also added an entry to the news section. Sorry I haven't been able to do a tablet and phone version, I did get started, but it is a massive job as it means a complete re-design of the whole site and I haven't really had time recently. If there are any problems with the site, or if you can think of any other bits I should add, let me know. I can't promise to sort it out straight away, but will do my best to get it done asap.

Hope you have all been managing to keep warm and are all well.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Interesting. I admit, I would've written it differently, but that's neither here nor there. Hell, since the 'cat is out of the bag' I might reveal all. I save that for a completely seperate thread elsewhere though.

Comedy is VERY tricky to write. Even though it's my 'stock in trade', even I have problems. The only advice I can offer is: Stuff the script full of jokes, then it doesn't matter if a few fall flat.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:55 am

And for those like me who haven't bookmarked the url
http://www.planet-vfx.com/news-page.html

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 am

I don't know about you lot, but a 'floating head'. A game and two people taking on multiple enemies doesn't half remind me of The Last Starfighter.

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Rotobunny - Thanks for the update.

Looks interesting and I do like the concept art. Although I would bet that some of the designs would have fans going "Why does a space fighter need air intakes!" ;)

Strangely enough I personally rather liked the end to Dr Bob's story. There's a large element of truth that SF fans are pretty well behaved. "Drink as much as the rugby fans and cause as much damage as the chess fans" as one hotel manager allegedly put it. :) Though, sadly, there some exceptions to this rule. :(

But I am keen to see how it all works out.

Oh, and I did like "The Game" bigger than "Laser tag." :D
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 am

Hi everyone

I have just done another update to the fan film site, I put a new entry on the news page. Not a huge bit of news, but I thought you might like to see it.

In reply to Geoffrey, Alan thought the film needed a dramatic ending and nice as Dr Bob's ending is (and it is nice), it isn't really dramatic enough. Also, the space fighter is designed to enter atmospheres as well as work in deep space, so it would need air intakes. I think Alan has mentioned something along these lines in the notes on the sketchbook pages. I must admit I don't really look closely at the images other than to identify that I am putting them in the right place on the website :D I may get glared at by Alan for saying that :lol:

Anyway, I will get on with what I am supposed to be doing now (rotoscoping feet, who said the film industry was glamourous!).
Regards,

Rotobunny.