Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

The place for 'the powers that be' to post information and for you to pass information or ideas to them!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Re: Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Best wishes to both Alan and Linda, and here's to a speedy recovery.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Geoffrey(aka Jasper) wrote:Best wishes to both Alan and Linda, and here's to a speedy recovery.
Seconded and although a very hard a decision I'm sure it is the correct one. Very much hope that you both will be able to join us in November. All the very best from David and Ros.

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi everyone,

First, many thanks to Liz for putting our announcement up. It really was a difficult decision to make, but we both feel postponing until next year is the right thing to do. Alan has been very unwell this summer and has spent more time in hospital than out during September and the first half of October. However, I'm pleased to announce that he is out of hospital now, he got discharged this morning. Hopefully, he won't be an inpatient again for quite a while. He has lost a lot of weight, but is feeling much better. I'm not sure if we will make it to the con this year, his legs are pretty weak at the moment as he hasn't walked anywhere for about a month. I think driving to Plymouth might be a bit much for a while, but we shall see. The upside to postponing is that we will be able to do a lot more before filming takes place, the technology will have moved on so we may be able to do things more easily, and hopefully all that will make filming easier than this year.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and wishes, we hope to see you all soon.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Life is full of twists and turns. What might seem a set back on the one hand, can be seen as an advantage on the other. I don't think waiting for another year is going to be a problem. At least we know that there'll be an Armadacon 26 (Hey look, there's one advantage!). So sit back, relax and recover.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a little update. Although the filming this year is being postponed to next year, I'm pleased to say that we will be at the Armadacon. Alan has come on in leaps and bounds in the past couple of weeks and has even got his bike out of the garage (first time in over a year), having had his first bike ride yesterday he is now considering replacing the current saddle with the gel one from his old bike. He thinks he will be able to cope with the drive providing we take more stops on the way than we normally do. This is far more than I thought he would be able to do considering how ill he was only a short time ago. Whilst we won't be filming, we will be taking a lot of reference photographs so we can do the pre-viz for the film. This shouldn't involve cast members, just us photographing the hotel a lot. To those who know him a heads up, he has lost about two stone in weight so is no longer quite the hobbit shaped person he once was, please don't be surprised when you see him.

We would both like to thank everyone for their thoughts, generosity, and words of encouragement. It is at times like this that you find out who your true friends are and everyone involved with Armadacon have proved to be true friends of the highest order. We are humbled and honoured to know you. Be warned, you may well get hugged when we see you.

We look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Well, this is good news of the highest order. Even though the filming has been postponed, doing some pre-vis work will continue the momentum of the project. I (for one) will be glad to see you next month.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Hear, hear :D

Hugs

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:25 am

Very glad to hear that, and look forward to seeing you both.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Hurrah! Excellent news. Ros and I look forward to seeing you both.

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I thought I would let you all know that the "Director's Cut" of the teaser trailer is now up on the Planet VFX YouTube page. You can get to it with the following,

http://youtu.be/7cmYynDoznw

This is an improved version of the trailer that was shown at the closing ceremony. Alan only had four hours to assemble the one that was shown so couldn't make corrections to the audio and colour as he wanted to. Hopefully it still makes you laugh.

Planet VFX also has a facebook page now too, although I'm not sure if I have got all the bits working properly (there is never a teenager around when you need one!). I have put a link to the trailer on there (I think it works :) ) and I have also put up a few photos of us on location, mostly in South Africa as more recent productions are still very sensitive. I am still struggling with some aspects of facebook, finding and liking other people and pages is a bit of a mystery, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I will get there. Honest.
Regards,

Rotobunny.