Archive Update 14/11/11

The place to discuss the ArmadaCon on-line Archive and the ArmadaCon DVDs

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Archive Update 14/11/11

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:47 am

(Posted 2/4/11)

I thought I'd mention this, as it may be of interest.

Since the re-launch of the Archive Website, there have been five requests for material. Two of these people are current attendees and three are past. Also, one (Thought to be lost) video file has now been saved for all to enjoy. As it stands, there is now almost 130 hours of video and over 4000 photos held in the Archive.

Not bad eh?
Last edited by Spudgun on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Spudgun

Archive Update 14/11/11

Post by Spudgun » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Whilst at Con 23, I was given some old Armadacon VHS tapes. I've now catalogued those tapes and here is what's on them;

Armadacon V
Con set-up and tour (New footage)
Friday evening quiz (New footage)
Mike Jefferies panel (New footage)
Brian Lumley panel (New footage)

Armadacon VI
Dean Waylands fight school (Missing camera angle)
Prizegiving (New footage)
Closing ceremony (New footage)
Turkey readings (New footage)

The above tapes were discovered by Gary L. John Parker discovered a two camera edit tape of Armadacon IV footage, but since I was given the individual camera tapes some years ago, no new footage was found.

Because of the new footage, both the Armadacon V and VI DVD's are now withdrawn. They will be replaced in due course by updated versions.

Spudgun

Archive Update 14/3/13

Post by Spudgun » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Just a couple of snippets from the Archive.

The editing of the Con 24 footage is now complete. The final videos will be uploaded in good time.

The Archive now holds over 157 hours of footage from Armadacon 2 to Armadacon 24. If you watched the videos non-stop. It would take over six days to watch them all. There are also over 4300 photos held.

Finally (from the You Tube perspective). The most popular Guest (based on views) is Lionel Fanthorpe with three videos in the top 10 most viewed. Both Brian Lumley and Jacqueline Pierce have two videos each.