The Masquerade Interval Video Returns!

ArmadaCons yet to come!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

The Masquerade Interval Video Returns!

Post by Spudgun » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Just to let everyone know. I've been asked to provide another video for the interval between the Masquerade and the Results. Considering the cock-up that happened last year (Somebody else was asked to provide a video and didn't, thus leaving Sammy in the lurch and Dave T asking me to provide a video and didn't tell the Committee. So I ended up saving the day at the last nano-second). Things are looking better organised this year. The new video will have a run time of 15 minutes, which is 5 minutes shorter than last year. Reason being: The Masquerade Judges had to wait around for 5 minutes for the video to finish.

Expect pyro (Which I've already bought) and mayhem!
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Re: The Masquerade Interval Video Returns!

Post by David A Harvey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Hurrah! Have fun making it, I'm sure we'll have fun watching it.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Don't worry Dave. I'm already 'blocking out' the script. There's still some stuff I have to buy. I'll probably be shooting the video later in the year, as I want to keep things topical.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Just thought I'd mention in passing. This years video has now entered actual production.

Although I don't actually write scripts (pyro isn't predictable), everything has been 'plotted'. In English: I know what the finished video will contain.

One of the joys of making these videos is; Watching them with the audiance. This lets me know what works and what doesn't. I'm amazed that the Banzai sketches are still popular. I stopped making them 10 years ago. I will be making an all new Banzai sketch for this year. Thankfully. I kept all of the Master Files on a back-up disc, so I don't have to make new ones. The 2 'Story Time' (Previously unseen) sketches stuck in peoples minds (I ended up reading some Guy N Smith at the Turkey Readings in the style). Although I stopped 'dressing up' a couple of years ago, I'll be keeping the story telling style for new sketches. I've decided that Oliver Postgate is right for a riffing (Think Pogles Wood here). Expect carnage!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Just to let everyone know. All of the footage for this years video has been shot (Hoorah!). It went (more or less) to plan. However. I've got a technical hitch. My current Windows platform hates my capture card. It'll record the video, but not the sound. I'll have to dig out my spare hard drive and load Windows XP onto it.

What a pain!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sun May 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Just to let everyone know. I've endulged in some technical jiggery-pokery and managed to transfer the footage from my camera to my computer.I've done so well, that there's only one more sketch left to edit!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Wed May 22, 2019 8:15 pm

At last. The video is finished. All 15 minutes of it.

Maybe I can go back to doing something 'normal' now....