Murder Most Horrid: The Radio Play.

ArmadaCons yet to come!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Murder Most Horrid: The Radio Play.

Post by Spudgun » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm just mentioning this in passing at the moment, but another Radio Play is currently being bashed out.

Elsewhere on here. I posted my entry into the Con27 Short Story competition. I mentioned that the entry was based on notes from an abandoned radio play that I couldn't get to 'work'. I think I also mentioned that some of the note were also used in the Space:1889 radio play that was performed at Armadacon. The reason that Murder Most Horrid was abandoned, was that there was no protagonist. Things changed at Con27.

I was asked to write a Masquerade Entry for someone I know. This need the creation of a character from scratch. The character had to be a contemporary of Agatha De'Ath. Other than that. I had a free hand in writing. The original intention was: To write another 500 word short story for the Friday evening to introduce the new character. Then on the Saturday evening. The new character would be a known quantity to the audience at the Masquerade. The entry would then make sense. However. I couldn't get a decent back story for the new character to fit in 500 words. One the other hand........

I now have enough material and more importantly, a protagonist to finish the abandoned Murder Most Horrid radio play. I'm already a fair chunk though the 1st draft and I'm translating the remaining notes into dialogue.

I'm not asking for cast member at his time. In truth. There's only one part that needs to be cast. The five other parts have been allotted. I promise that this'll be the last ever radio play that I'll write.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

lordashram

Re: Murder Most Horrid: The Radio Play.

Post by lordashram » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 am

I wait with baited breath 8-)
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Your place is assured. You've already been allotted the part of Cretin the Butler (Dave Harvey breaths a sigh of relief).

I've got Dave in mind for the part of Inspector Beatle of the Yard.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:52 pm

A new challenge hurrah! I look forward seeing the script.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm

I thought it was about time that I cast you against type. The 1st draft is 95% complete. I've just the ending to write. Then comes the tedious process of the re-writes.Once I've got a viable script, I'll let you see it.

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:58 pm

I will bring the butler costume then :twisted:
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah. Bring the Butler outfit. I wouldn't be too worried about wearing it on the Friday (When Radio Plays are normally scheduled), but Saturday after the Masquerade would be better. Now for a prediction.

In the past. Radio Plays have been scheduled for a 9pm start. For the past couple of years. Dreamcatcher Theater have been allocated a 10pm start due to their plays content. The plays I write tend to have an actual run time of 20 minutes, so I ask for a 30 minute time slot. I am currently predicting a 9.30pm time slot, so as to act as a 'warm up' for the Dreamcatcher play (Assuming that Dreamcatcher are doing a play this year).

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Saturday after the Masquerade, noted :D

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Just to let everyone know. The rewrites have begun.

It's normal practice for me to leave everything alone for a month or two, so I can approach the script with a fresh set of eyes.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Just to let everyone know. I've now officially asked for a time slot on the program. To some, asking this late in the day could lead to problems. However, I couldn't ask any earlier as I hadn't written the Masquerade script for one of the cast members (The script is a direct follow-on from the Radio Play). My request has been acknowledged and will go before the Committee at the next programming meeting.