3 for 2 breaks Future Inn Plymouth

ArmadaCons yet to come!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Re: 3 for 2 breaks Future Inn Plymouth

Post by Spudgun » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

I'll just mention this in passing.

Because I've been looking at room prices at the Future Inn. My browser (Firefox) now has a shortcut (In the form of an advert) on my Homepage (I expect that everyone gets the same thing. Targeted advertising). Anyway, I clicked the link. What was £235 for three nights on Saturday, is now £213. This still doesn't include breakfast, it's still an improvement.

STOP THE PRESS!!!!

The prices I've been quoting have been coming from price comparison sites (for Hotels) as the Future Inn's site wouldn't work properly. Well. I've persisted and got their website to work! The news is good! The 3 for 2 offer is still going. The price that they're currently quoting is £188.79 and that includes breakfast. The room only is £158.79.

I'll confirm this when I book at the Hotel on Saturday.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 pm

That's good news - thank you.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Right folks. I'm back from Plymouth.

The first bit. There's some serious roadworks at Derriford. The road that leads to the Future Inn is closed (The one we would normally take). Although diversion signs are up (You should see the one that's on the side of the Hotel. It's HUGE!), the lettering on the signs directing you to the Future Inn are very small and easily missed. Although the roadworks are currently scheduled to be finished by November. You know what Council workers are like......... Moving swiftly along....

My room is booked. The 3 for 2 offer is still running. I paid (as predicted) £188.79. This includes breakfast. The advice is: Book your room at the Future Inn's own website for the best price!

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks for the warning on the road works.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

JustJulie

Post by JustJulie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Don't worry about the roadworks too much. I'll put out an update and directions/map on the Facebook pages (and here if you like) closer to the con.

I'd do it earlier, but it changes regularly and, in theory, it's supposed to be all finished by November...

- Julie, ArmadaCon's Facebook minion.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Well. It appears the roadworks are still in place (Why am I not surprised?). Although the detour will be signposted. If you're not aware of it before you get to the big roundabout (You can see the Future Inn just up the road). You'll miss the detour and sail past the Hotel (I did when I went to book my room earlier this year).

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up that this is still ongoing.
I've found a map of the diversion on the hotel directions page
https://www.futureinns.co.uk/plymouth/c ... directions

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 pm

I've seen that 'map' and I've saved a copy of it. There is one problem with it. It assumes that you're approaching the Hotel from the direction of the city centre. I (like a number of others) will be approaching from the direction of Tavistock (That's why I mentioned that you could see the Hotel 'up the road' from the other side of the roundabout). It's just a case of turning the 'map' upside down.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 pm

It's all change at the roundabout folks. The map on the Future Inn's website is obsolete. I can only describe the change as 'normality has been resumed'. You can't get to the Hotel if you follow the map. The road has been blocked off at the other end.

Well. I'm here, so I'm not worried.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

Coming from the other direction the huge map on the side of the hotel was very helpful