News from a past guest

ArmadaCons that have been and gone!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Liz W
Site Admin

News from a past guest

Post by Liz W » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi all

I have recently been talking to John Carrigan who, for those who don't remember, was a guest at Con 4.

He shared some of his news with me and he was happy for me to pass it on; here is what he said:

last year was an amazing year for me "Hollywood" wise, apart from filming a co starring role in my first Western "Cowboy Creed" I was flown out by the production company for an industry screening of it in a theatre just off of "Hollywood Blvd" , there were many Producers and Directors there and I was told I could invite who I wanted, so I invited "Walter Koenig" (Chekov as you know) "Mark Zicree" (who produced a series called sliders and Directed me in an episode of "Star Trek Phase II) and I also invited "David Thwaites" (who I knew and trained in the martial arts for years after filming the BBC's "Narnia" with him,  David is now a top LA producer after winning an Oscar for "The Black Swan") and from that screening I have been offered two possible filming jobs in LA for this year (fingers crossed).

Walter Koenig finally got his Star on the "Hollywood Walk of Fame" last year too and he invited my wife Annie and I over as his special VIP guests, it was three days of glitzy celebrations as well as the Star ceremony,  It was really incredible and our one big chance to be a part of that amazing lifestyle.

The guests who turned up just blew me away, it was like a who's who of "Hollywood, past and present. without much warning I was asked if I would be a guest speaker at Walter's special roast, that is where over dinner special friends of Walter get up and tell (sometimes) insulting stories about him. I got some notes together quickly, not really knowing what I was walking into, as we stepped into the banquet room there were three hundred top VIP guests, ranging from Walters family and friends, top Directors and Producers, Writers and cast members from TV series like "Star Trek", "Babylon 5", "Mash" "Criminal Minds", it went on and on.

As the other speakers got up one after another and gave speeches ("Chase Masterson" sang a song) I began to crap my self big time. When it came for my turn, the MC for the evening who was a comedian and also Walters Son in law introduced me by saying, "what can I say about our next speaker that hasn't already been said, like...who's that? and NO I have nothing...but I hear he is a martial arts expert, so I am saying no more, let's hear it for John Carrigan" It was one of the very hardest things I have ever done, all I could do was rip up my notes and go for it. I spoke honestly about my 30 years of knowing Walter and all the terrible jokes and stuff he had played on me, I did impressions of him and people we had come across, it is safe to say that I brought the house down and was cheered, whistled and applauded off of the stage. As I walked back to the table I was actually back slapped by people and an actress from Bab 5 said we all know who you are now, it was like an amazing "Hollywood" audition and I got the part. I now have a copy of it on film and it looks like I did ok PHEW.

Regards

John C

He's also sent me a couple of photos; if anyone would like to see them, please contact me.

It's nice to share some good news :D

Hugs

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Spudgun

Re: News from a past guest

Post by Spudgun » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Blimey! That's all I can say.

Even though I wasn't at Con IV, I did edit together the footage (Available on You Tube). Some of the stuff he came out with was really funny. Smacking Dave T over the head with a bottle..... Priceless!
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Re: News from a past guest

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

Glad to hear that John's doing well for himself.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"