ArmadaCon 26

ArmadaCons that have been and gone!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

ArmadaCon 26

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Great con. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I give some more detailed commentary when I'm a bit more settled, but at the moment I'll just say, a big thank you to all those you made it possible.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Re: ArmadaCon 26

Post by David A Harvey » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 pm

A fantastic weekend in excellent company. Thank you everyone.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Excellent, excellent, excellent! Thanks to everyone who organised and turned up to the Con. Work on the Fan Film kinda overtook some of the panels and other events, but then again, you can't have everything. For once (and because of the demanding schedule of the Fan Film), having the Charity Auction on the Sunday was a good idea. The downside is that some of the Panel footage is scrap because the framing was wrong (Both Liz and myself were busy on the Fan Film at the time and couldn't reset the cameras).

As for the Fan Film itself. Well. It was an interesting experience (and one that I'm grateful for), but it's completely put me off doing anything to that level myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result though.

It was good to see Vicky and Jason again.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:38 am

Hi all

I was just about to put something up to ask for feedback; so thank you all :D

Yes the Film did overtake a few things; but that was only for this year and I know the final film will make the disruption sooooo worth it! :D

As someone who spent 90% of Con stuck to the Reg Desk; I'm looking forward to seeing what footage we did get, up on YouTube

Cheers

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I would just like to thank everyone for all their help with the film. I know we did interfere a bit, but we really did try to get everything done with as little impact as we could. I also know there were a few misunderstandings and will post more on the film's section under Committee matters in a few minutes. Thank you again for everything, we couldn't have done it without all the understanding. We enjoyed ourselves although we are now very tired, we hope you had fun too.

Thanks again and we hope to see you all between now and Armadacon 27.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Spudgun wrote:Excellent, excellent, excellent! Thanks to everyone who organised and turned up to the Con. Work on the Fan Film kinda overtook some of the panels and other events, but then again, you can't have everything. For once (and because of the demanding schedule of the Fan Film), having the Charity Auction on the Sunday was a good idea. The downside is that some of the Panel footage is scrap because the framing was wrong (Both Liz and myself were busy on the Fan Film at the time and couldn't reset the cameras).
Sorry about the panel framing, I was not fast enough to run 2 cameras and door duty at the same time :(
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Don't worry about it. Only one Panel was lost (Gary's Rosetta. He didn't have a head!). Everything else I can edit around.

The first of the uploads begin near the end of the month.

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:43 am

Kevin

As Barry says, please don't worry about it.

I very much appreciated it when you looked after my camera and for all the other bits you did for us; you're a star, seriously :D

I have to say I thought my camera was positioned correctly, as I lined it up in advance of the panel.
I can only guess that Gary moved!

We can substitute Gary's other head (the big floating one!) when Alan & Linda have finished ;) :lol:

Cheers

Liz

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 pm

The framing would've been perfect if Gary was sitting down behind the table. Alas, he stood up by the end of the table. Exit his head.

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi all

I know we changed a few things around this year; so we would appreciate any more feedback or constructive criticism people have for us.

We have the washup in a couple of weeks, so we would appreciate it by then

Liz