Star Trek: Remastered.

New programs, old programs, favourite programs – here's the place to talk about them

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Star Trek: Remastered.

Post by Spudgun » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:52 am

I've been watching the remastered version of Star Trek (The Original Series). You can certainly see the work that has been done. Firstly, it look like that gone back to the Master Prints and taken a new set of Dupes from them (Like they did for the DS9 episode : More Tribbles. More Troubles). The picture is very clear and sharp. The colours are richer as well. All of the Enterprise related shots have been replaced with CGI. This also extends to the Viewscreen shots on the Bridge. In my opinion, Star Trek no longer looks like a show that was made in the 1960's, but more like something was was made in the 1980's. There is a downside though. Star Trek was made to be presented in a 3:4 aspect ratio. The remastered version is presented 16:9. Considering that Star Trek would've been shot on 35mm film, I'm sure that the picture has been cropped. Not good.

I did watch a couple of episodes of the remastered Star Trek: TNG. Gawd, it's awful. TNG has really dated badly. It's so PC and goody-goody. At least TOS had a couple of punch-ups in it.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!