Torchwood - Miracle Day

New programs, old programs, favourite programs – here's the place to talk about them

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Liz W
Site Admin

Torchwood - Miracle Day

Post by Liz W » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 am

Hi all

The new (10 part) series of Torchwood starts this Thursday (14th July) at 9pm on BBC1 :D

Hugs

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

dfuk

Re: Torchwood - Miracle Day

Post by dfuk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Watched the first part Saturday, its Torchwood lite they've forgotten the humour.
Will keep watching as very little stuff to watch until September although true blood and covert affairs have restarted.
dave a
Dave & Barry, Watching bad movies so you don't have to.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

I disagree a bit, there were jokes but they weren't terribly funny. Not that I've ever found the jokes in Torchwood particularly LOL.
I did enjoy it, although there is a definite US tv flavour (and budget) added to the mix.

Still before I make my mind up I'll wait until I've seen the BBC version which internet rumour suggests is a minute or two longer and may have been differently edited for UK standards/preference vs US ones.

BTW Radio 4 broadcast three NEW Torchwood radio plays this week which are currently available (usually for about a week) as a podcast on itunes.
I haven't listened to them yet but the previous three were very good.

Look forward to hearing what everyone thinks tomorrow.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, that was VASTLY better than the rubbish that came before. The childish and hackneyed scripts are gone. I enjoyed it and have high hopes for further improvements.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Pags

Post by Pags » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 am

I was a little disappointed with the lack of UK cast, I was hoping for a few new people to be of the non-American persuasion. But all in all it looked very shiny and I can’t wait for the Jane Espenson episodes.
"In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
When all seems lost in the War of Light,
Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 pm

So that was Miracle Day. It started off well. Got better. Then it went downhill in the middle and never quite recovered at the end. I reckon a couple of hours worth of footage could be chopped out in order to keep the pace up. As for the final seconds... Yeah, that certainly smacks of Russell T Davis exporting Torchwood to the US for its own series.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!