And recently I have been mostly watching...

New programs, old programs, favourite programs – here's the place to talk about them

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

David A Harvey
Site Admin

And recently I have been mostly watching...

Post by David A Harvey » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:42 pm

A place to recommend (warn about, comment on ... ), whatever delight on the haunted fishtank has been stealing your time...
As usual please try to avoid spoilers or at least use the Font colour option to give people a chance before you blurt out : "OMG Tiny Tim dies!"

Spudgun

Re: And recently I have been mostly watching...

Post by Spudgun » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Mythbusters!

I shall say no more.....
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Currently my TV viewing is, for various reasons, a bit all over the shop, but I have mostly been watching . . .

Lost Girl. A Canadian modern day urban-fantasy series, concerning the adventures of succubus coming to terms with her nature and a hither-to unknown supernatural community. It's not bad, good side of not bad, the characters are interesting (or at least try to be), it tries to establish the idea a hidden world exsisting beyond our own and it does have touches of humour. "Why would someone wire a shotgun to their front door?" "Jehovah's Witnesses?" :twisted:

Oh and a conversation from in front of the telly during the opening episode . . .

SyFy TV announcer: "Tweet us with why you think this show is going to be popular."
Me: "Because the heroine has a cute bum.
Lorraine: "But her sidekick's a total pain in the bum."

:D
Last edited by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am

I've been watching Lost Girl too and as Jasper alludes its fun and entertaining enough but not ground breaking. (Rather like Eureka, which I've also been watching on and off).
and one has to admire the chutzpah of a show advertised with:
"Everyone has vampires. We've got a succubus." :twisted:

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:48 am

.... B5 Crusade - its been a while and I'd have sworn that I'd seen all the episodes before but I must have missed a couple of discs from the box set first time around :oops:
I'm pleased that I went back to this one because once you get past the initial surfeit of technomage stories there are some really good episodes in this series. :D

NB. Had I made a quick trip to wikipedia before watching I'd have been able to watch them in chronological or JMS' intended order which would have been rather more satisfying and made more sense than the original broadcast order that the box set comes in ;)

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

With it being the Summer season (and a whole lot of crap on the telly), I've been pulling out my DVD's and watching episodes of Space:1999. Season 2 has dated badly. Season 1 is holding up well. Mind you. You do have to wince at the flared trousers .

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Red Dwarf XI on Dave. Hmmm . . . cast are still working well together, and there are some neat little SF ideas going around, although some do seem awfully familiar . . . but overall; it makes me laugh.

Okay, IMHO it's not as good as it was at its best - although maybe the nostalgia filter is at work there - but, also IMHO, it's a lot better than it was at its worst.

Fav line: "How dense do you think I am?" "Divide your mass by your volume and I'll tell you exactly."
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Although I'm currently watching the new series of Red Dwarf. It's the only new thing I'm watching. I'm also watching re-runs of the X-Files and Land of the Giants.

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Watching Lucifer season 1 :evil:

How come the devil always speaks with an english accent ?
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.