Jaguar Rant!

Want to get something off your chest? Then do so here!
Please, no personal attacks

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Spudgun

Jaguar Rant!

Post by Spudgun » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:53 pm

For those who don't know. I own a Jaguar X type. Yes. It's a Ford Mondeo in a party dress, but that's not the point. When you own a 'premium' car. You have to expect the price tag that goes with it. That I knew when I bought it (along with the shitty fuel consumption). However. Being asked to pay £5 for a single engine cover screw is beyond the pail. Even worse. The screw was 2nd hand!

HOW MUCH?
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Spudgun

Re: Jaguar Rant!

Post by Spudgun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Which idiot designed the electrical diagrams for the X-Type? In days of yore, wiring diagrams were laid out in such a fashion that they could easily be understood. The components were placed in the relative positions within the vehicle in question on the diagram. Not any more. They're totally diagrammatic and bare no relation to reality! Somehow, I have to build a wiring loom (I'm adding voice control) without knowing what colour wire goes to what socket on the connector.

Idiots!

Spudgun

Re: Jaguar Rant!

Post by Spudgun » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Who the hell designed the fuse boxes and their placement? I blew a fuse this morning. The fuse I had to replace was behind a panel in the glovebox. The removal tool for the fuse was in a compartment in the engine bay. Who's stupid idea was that?

I smell Ford!