Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

The place for 'the powers that be' to post information and for you to pass information or ideas to them!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Liz W
Site Admin

Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

Post by Liz W » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Have you ever wanted to write a fan film? Have you ever wanted to be in a fan film? Or, have you ever wanted to help make a fan film?

Well now is your chance, the Armadacon Committee has graciously agreed to a proposal by Alan & Linda Marques to make an Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film to be produced for the Con in 2013. The best bit! You get to write it at this years Con!

Join Armadacon and save the Galaxy. Would you like to know more? http://www.planet-vfx.com/armadacon-film.html

Alan & Linda will give a presentation after the Opening Ceremony to explain more!
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Spudgun

Re: Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

Post by Spudgun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Ho boy. I'm so up for this!
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Barry

You have just brought a huge grin to my face and I'll tell you why!!!

I said to Alan and Linda that I thought you would be one of the people who would do this :D
I am glad that I was right

Liz

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Don't worry Liz. I'm currently bashing away at the keyboard. I know what I want. I'm sure eveyone will love it, but does break the rules of the competition. It may all come to nothing.

Unless I'm the only entry...............

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Barry

All the rules have been laid down by Alan & Linda, seeing as they have to produce the film.
So if what you are thinking of breaks those rules, it may not get very far!

Cheers

Liz

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I wouldn't worry about it Liz. I can't just produce an A4 sized story outline. I just keep going and going until I can hand over an almost completed project ready to run. I've even produced Pre-Vis video. It's just the way I work.

Some people Pitch.

Some people Pitch harder!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Flap on . Flap off, I've done it. I found a way to comply with the rules. I'm in the running. I'll be handing in my proposal right after the Presentation.

Phew!

Hal32bitfloat

Post by Hal32bitfloat » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Well maybe you will have to produce an A4/A5 story outline on one page.

Here is how it may well roll. You have not yet seen the full set of rules which Linda and I only finished today the 21st of October! Also there are a set of guidelines in the writers pack that will be handed out at the event. They will only be revealed on the night at Con 24, level playing field for all. That means that whatever you write or whatever concept you come up with right now will have to be modified on the weekend so be prepared for a rewrite!! Just like anyone else who may be working on a story idea.

Keep in mind that there will be a judging panel that of course will include Linda and myself. The way it works in the industry is this, you have a very short period of time to sell your idea. In this case if it takes 20 minutes to read a presentation then your idea is not going to happen if the panel have 30 minutes to read all submissions. The entire judging committee have to read all the story ideas from those submitted and make a choice within a very short period of time, therefore keep the story idea simple and to the point. If the document is too long it will not get read or finished!! And we have not asked for videos or VFX visuals for that reason. Just like in the real world you have to get your idea across in the least amount of words and make them count, yes! that is still a pitch!! You will not have seen this because it was for the eyes of the committee only but the pitch document that Linda and I presented takes 15-20 minutes to read, it was not a problem because that was not a competition. But it is a case in point, that document was ten pages long, but it take nearly 20 minutes to read. That time frame is not an option for this competition.

So you have been warned, it is about substance and delivery. Not about volume.

So Spudgun. Love your enthusiasm but be prepared for extra work on the night as the say, looking forward to your submission.

All the best and good luck. :)

Hal32bitfloat

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Don't panic. It took me a while, but I've managed to comply completely with the rules. The trick is: Submit an A4 basic synopsis. Any other ideas, script fragments and pre-vis video, I've got elsewhere.

Hal32bitfloat

Post by Hal32bitfloat » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm not panicking. You say "but I've managed to comply completely with the rules", I am saying you don't know all the rules yet. ;)
Can't wait to see what you have come up with.

See you on the night, and remember, the submission deadline is Sunday morning, so hey plenty of time for an edit or two.

:D

Hal32bithalfwit