3 for 2 breaks Future Inn Plymouth

ArmadaCons yet to come!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Re: 3 for 2 breaks Future Inn Plymouth

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 am

I will confirm that the 3 for 2 promotion is still available if you 'phone up.

For the moment anyway . . .
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:22 pm

It appears that the 3 for 2 offer has ended. It was on their website two months ago, but now it's gone. Even then, breakfast wasn't included. It appears that the only way to get discounted room rates is to book early. The earlier you book, the cheaper it is. I'll be in Plymouth on the 20th of this month (Model show at the Guildhall), so I'll stop in at the Future Hotel and get an update (and book a room while I'm at it).
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 pm

OK folks, I'm back and here's an update.

My hotel room is booked. I did it in person and I paid £42.88 per night for three nights. That's a total of: £128.64. I should point out that this is for the room only. Booking via the website gives a room rate of £51.20 per night (I think that the website 20% discount for two nights or longer is a little misleading, as the discount has already been applied when the total cost is calculated). Since Breakfast is a little under £10 (I did ask) and you can charge it to your room, this brings it up to the website rate without breakfast.

The Staff were a little surprised when I booked a room for November. I did comment; The earlier you book, the cheaper it is. This ties in with the discount advertised on their website. My advise is to book at least 21 days in advance. This way, you'll get the maximum discount (up to 25%).

I did check the Wi-Fi while I was there. OK, I was in the car park with my laptop on the passenger seat, but there was no signal (I also checked it when I was in the car park by The Bank and I detected 4 networks). So I can't tell you anything about connecting to the Internet whilst at the Con.

Oh, I almost forget. The 3 for 2 offer has ended.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Just to keep things confusing - the 3 for 2 is back if you book using http://www.Expedia.co.uk
3 nights room only (cancelable, pay on check out) is £128.64 but if you can find a valid expedia promo code you may be able to shave a little more off this.

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Booked my room using Expedia, 3 for 2, not including breakfast. :(

But even with paying for hotel breakfasts it still, slightly cheaper than the con rate. :)

So, thank you David for bringing this to my attention. :D
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:10 pm

The 3 for 2 offer is back. I went to the Hotel and made my booking. Here's a little more information.

The bloke behind the desk recognised the dates and asked if the booking was for Armadacon. I replied that it was. I was given the Armadacon room rate (something like £78 per night). Now, I quizzed him on this and directed him to the prices on the website. I was then given the 3 for 2 prices. I've booked 2 nights with breakfast (Without breakfast is cheaper, but you can have it added to your Bill when you have breakfast in the morning) for £154.80.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:54 pm

I've booked my room today for this years Armadacon. Prices have gone up again. The 3 for 2 offer is still running (In conjunction with the 'Early Bird' offer). I paid £187.29 for three nights with breakfast. Without breakfast. It's £158.79.

Even though £187.29 is the most I've ever paid for a Hotel room for Armadacon. I have to put this price into context. When we were at the Copthorne. I was paying £60 per night. That's £180. So this years price ain't so bad.

Just book early folks. Just to get the available discounts.

lordashram

Post by lordashram » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:58 am

Thank you for the reminder.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Post by David A Harvey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I've just booked direct too and got the same rate :D
Had I been a little faster I could have grabbed the room for £150 through Expedia but c'est la vie :roll:
Also, if you are booking direct, consider signing up with the Future Inns rewards scheme. After just two Armadacons I've already totted up more than enough reward points for a free upgrade to a suite!

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:19 pm

With the Plymouth Model Show happening on the 29th of this month. It was time to look at the Hotel rates for this years Armadacon, as I'll be passing the Future Inn to book my room. The news ain't good. It looks like the 3 for 2 offer has vanished again. The best price I can find is £235 for three nights. Even then, it doesn't include breakfast. That's one hell of a price hike folks (£158.79 without breakfast last year). I wonder if Brexit is being blamed for the rise?

Can anyone do better?