Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

The place for 'the powers that be' to post information and for you to pass information or ideas to them!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Rotobunny

Re: Armadacon 25th Anniversary Fan Film

Post by Rotobunny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 am

Greetings all,

I thought I would just let you all know that plans are progressing for filming at this years con. Fingers crossed, we have just finished work on a long running film project and can now devote some time to the fan film again :D. Apologies for the long absence from the forum, but the final months of a film can be all consuming (who needs sleep?). When I have more news for you regarding the fan film I will post again, hopefully that will be fairly soon.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 pm

That's good news Linda, very glad to hear that you and Alan have been, in a good way, keeping busy. :)
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 am

Indeed, it's good to hear you have (proper!) work coming in :D

Hugs

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Liz W
Site Admin

Post by Liz W » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi all

Alan & Linda have sent us a briefing document for anyone interested in being in the Fan Film; which is now available on the website
If you are interested, please read it carefully!

Cheers

Liz
-----------------------------------------
http://photosbylizw.wordpress.com

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks for the update.

Being one of those who is involved in the film (assorted parts), I look forward to the E-Mail letting me know what the hell I'm doing.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:06 pm

The briefing document won't tell you what you are doing specifically, only a few requests with regard to filming. We now have the final version of the script and I think Alan has sent out copies to people who need them, but I will check on this. If there is anyone who hasn't had a copy of the script and thinks they should have one please get in touch with us and we will sort it out. Apologies that our website has not been updated for ages, life has got in the way in the past year. I hope to be able to update it again and do so on a more regular basis shortly.

Any problems or queries with regard to the film then please contact us. It isn't just our film, it is yours too.

All the best,

Rotobunny.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:35 pm

First a big thank you to everyone for putting up with us filming, I know it wasn't easy and there were a few misunderstandings, but we achieved a great deal and the film is well on it's way now. First, I don't know who told the Scalextrix people they had to stop racing when we were filming, but there was no need for them to do so and I am horrified that they were told they needed to do this. The only thing we needed when the cameras were actually filming something was for a quieting of the background noise, not total silence. We just didn't want loud shouts or laughter, but a low background hum was fine. The film is after all set in a convention, conventions are not silent and a little background hum of human activity will add to the atmosphere of the film. We can also filter out quite a lot of background noise if we need to anyway, or cover it up with sound effects. Secondly, we didn't want to prevent anyone from missing any panels or talks they wanted to see, Alan did try to schedule each day so we could fit the filming in with when people were available so if someone did miss something because of the filming then we are very sorry. We did say to let us know, but I know it can be difficult to know when things are happening. To paraphrase Douglas Adams, time is an illusion, Armadacon time doubly so. We would like to apologise for the early start on Saturday and Sunday, to make you feel a bit better Alan and I were up a good two hours before the start time as we had to prepare stuff before heading to the filming location. We are sorry we over ran a bit on Sunday morning, there were more non-Armadacon guests checking out than we anticipated and we were trying to avoid holding them up too, this made us later filming at the registration desk. I know this caused problems for Liz and Isa and we apologise to them, they were very gracious about it though. We were all impressed by the acting abilities shown by attendees, this resulted in a lot of single takes and speeded things up immensely. We know we also gave the hotel their strangest request yet by ordering a pitcher of water and six glasses to be sent to the Gents toilets, we are sure it made their day. Hopefully, they will let us stay with them again. We also hope Jenny wasn't too traumatised by entering the Gents for the first time in her life, I think it may have added to her performance. We hope that scene makes people laugh, you can blame it on Alan as he came up with it. We would like once again to express our gratitude to everyone, without your kindness and understanding the film would not have been possible. We hope that when it is finished it will be a good advert for Armadacon and will also raise lots of money for the charities. We do still have a lot of work to do, including quite a bit more filming, but what is left is able to be done outside of the convention. We hope to have it finished in time for next years event, but as we are doing this in our spare time it will depend on how much real work we have over the coming year.

Thank you to everyone, you are real stars.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm

I shall comment from a personal perspective here.

I didn't miss anything that I wanted to see at the Con, so no need to apologise as far as I'm concerned. Since Liz spent most of her time on the Registration desk, I was still in a position to look after our cameras. Kevin was drafted in to switch them on and off. There was only one cock-up and that was Gary's Rosetta Panel. I was upstairs doing 'Barry Commander' and Liz was doing the Registration desk. Sadly, neither of us were available to realign the cameras and as a result the entire Panel is scrap. The Earth won't stop revolving because of it, so don't worry about it.

As for the cock-up regarding the "One Pound to continue" line. I think the suggested solution will work. I do have the itchy feeling that you'll by my stand in. Oh. One thing. For the sake of continuity, you'll need to remember that I'm left handed.
Frau Nydor is watching YOU!

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi all,

Many thanks for the comments Spudgun, especially about being left handed, I have made a note of this. I think you are correct in assuming I will be your stand in, I will start practising coin tossing with my left hand. I should get the hang of this fairly easily though as I was ambidextrous as a child and am still accused of doing things in a left handed way at times (cutlery often ends up in the left handed configuration on the dining table). I tend to get left and right confused too, not good as I'm chief navigator and shouts of "No, the other right!" don't always go down well with Alan.

Many thanks again.
Regards,

Rotobunny.

Rotobunny

Post by Rotobunny » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi all,

Apologies for not having been very active of late, I've been a bit under the weather. First a leg ulcer (my second or third, I've lost count over the years), and now I've gone and done something fundamental to my left ankle, (just as I was thinking I would soon be able to dig the allotment again). Things are gently moving on the film, but we don't have much in the way of news at the moment. Alan has been busy on other things so hasn't had much time to devote to the project, (would be nice if they paid well, but such is life). I've been up to my ears knitting for the Alpaca farm, (again, if only it paid well, but every little helps). We are hoping to do more constructive work on the film shortly, but over the past few months the footage we shot has been gone through and Alan has logged it all, he has also been exploring further the best ways to achieve our aims. Things never stay still in the world of Visual Effects and the advances usually help make things easier. As soon as there is more news I will report it here. I might even get round to updating the website one day too.
Regards,

Rotobunny.