RIP Sir Christopher Lee

A place to chat about anything else, not already covered!
It might be advisable to avoid religion & politics though!

Moderators: David A Harvey, Pags

Geoffrey(aka Jasper)

RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Post by Geoffrey(aka Jasper) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Christopher Lee has passed away aged 93.

He starred in some classic movies (e.g. Hammer's 'Dracula' a role which he will always be associated with), and some others which are best forgotten about (e.g. The Howling II), but he always provided a touch of class and a dramatic presence to whatever he was in.

An anecdote I heard about him, probably apocryphal, but still, was that during the filming of 'The Lord of the Rings' the director asked him to imagine the sound a man makes when he's stabbed in the back, to which Sir Christopher replied, "I don't have to imagine that, I know what it sounds like." A reference to his, rumoured, wartime service in the Balkans.

An obituary can be found here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... tuary.html

Rest-in-Peace.
"I Want My Chirfugging Goose Back!"

David A Harvey
Site Admin

Re: RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Post by David A Harvey » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:51 am

His autobiography Lord of Misrule, which is a revised edition of Tall, Dark, and Gruesome expanded to include memories of the Lord of The Rings films, is worth a read.

lordashram

Re: RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Post by lordashram » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:33 pm

David A Harvey wrote:His autobiography Lord of Misrule, which is a revised edition of Tall, Dark, and Gruesome expanded to include memories of the Lord of The Rings films, is worth a read.
The lads at work got me a copy of this for my birthday last year it is a good read
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.